- Our courses can be structured for any level, from beginner to advanced, for one or two students.
- We strive for positive confidence-building, within a supportive and encouraging learning environment.
- We aim for total immersion in English language, through participation in family events and meals, meetings with friends and social visits, and excursions to nearby places of interest.
- We give personal attention at all times.
- We develop your English learning in ways which respond directly to your own needs, level and experience.
- Tailor-made instruction and lesson plans allow you to learn at your own pace, guided at all times by your tutor.
Courses are usually of one, two or three weeks’ duration – but can be longer if required.
Courses can be for either 15 hours tuition a week (3 hours a day, Monday to Friday), or 20 hours tuition a week (4 hours per day).
Tuition is in the mornings from 9.00 to 10.30, and 11.00 to 12.30, followed by lunch.
An extra hour each day, where required, will be from 2.00 to 3.00 in the afternoon (or at other times to suit). Otherwise, students are either free ( for instance to visit Bath) or can be taken on an excursion.
Evening meals are at around 7.30 pm.
Homework will be set, as appropriate.
If the student is staying for more than a week, visits can be arranged at weekends by car to nearby places such as Wells ( a small and beautiful cathedral city), Glastonbury (an alternative spiritual home), or Bristol ( a thriving metropolis of culture and commerce). Other destinations can be discussed with the student. See separate page – Bath and its surroundings.
- Payment includes all tuition, books and materials, board and lodging.
- Rates are for 7 days and 6 nights a week, but students are welcome to stay a seventh night to fit in with their travel arrangements, if required, at nominal cost.
- Students pay their own entrance fees to sites and monuments, bus fares as required, and all costs of travel from door to door.
For a single person –
- 15 hours tuition a week – £620
- 20 hours tuition a week – £745
For two students of similar level, sharing a bedroom –
- 15 hours tuition a week – £480 per person
- 20 hours tuition a week – £625 per person
For two students, in separate bedrooms –
- 15 hours tuition a week – £575 per person
- 20 hours tuition a week – £695 per person
Note – we do not charge extra for different kinds of tuition, or for students at different levels.
Payment will be in advance – usually by bank-to-bank transfer. This will be discussed when you make your application and booking. Firm bookings will be made only when payment has been received. Refunds of up to 80% of the full fee will be given for unavoidable cancellations more than 1 month in advance. Refunds of up to 50% will be available for unavoidable cancellations for less than one month’s notice; full refunds will be given if your hosts have to cancel for any reason.